When it comes to transportation, finding the optimal mix of air, sea-air and ocean is a major factor in reducing overall logistics cost and carbon emissions. However, understanding the trade-offs and managing the risks posed by varying transit times can be challenging.
Through our extensive network of hubs, we handle international air shipments of over 95,000 tonnes annually. Our non-asset based operating style means that we don’t have our own aircrafts; instead we work with a wide range of different airline carriers, getting the best available deal. Due to this operational scale we can plan according to your production schedules in order to improve inventory flow whilst still securing favourable rates.
Based on an informed discussion about your business, ensuring that buying, merchandising and logistics talk the same language, we are empowered to advise the right supply chain decision for your needs. Once those decisions are made, up-to-date information and active exception handling reduce the risk of changes in the transport time.
Our airfreight services fall into these categories that fit your transit time needs:
- Moved on the 1st available flight using partner airlines’ dedicated services
- For most major destinations, the airport-to-airport transit time is two days.
- Our cost-effective economy service uses one or more consolidations per week depending on the origin
- For most major destinations, the airport-to-airport transit time is five days.
- When time matters, Air Charter is the answer. Unlike commercial airlines, we fly directly from A to B, with no transit stops en route. Specialising in both cargo and passenger air charter, our network of international charter brokers gives you the flexibility you need.
For further information on CSS spedition’s airfreight services, please contact our air department.